Knowing how to reset your laptop to factory setting is very important, especially if you want to sell your laptop. You need to make sure that the data in your old laptop is completely wiped so no one will have a chance to misuse them. Sometimes resetting a laptop is also needed when you want to give your laptop a fresh start. If you use Windows 10, factory reset your laptop is not difficult at all. But there are steps you need to follow carefully, especially if there are data you still want to save before wiping the system clean. Here are the thorough step by step explanations to help you to reset windows 10 laptop.
Complete Steps on to Reset Windows 10 Laptop to factory settings
Resetting a windows 10 laptop not too hard, you only follow the simple guide below:
- Look at the left pane and select Recovery.
- You will be presented with 2 choices. Reset this PC and Advanced Start Up. Since your goal is to factory reset your laptop, you must choose the first option.
- After you click the Get Started button under the Reset this PC option, you will be presented with three choices. Keep My Files, Remove Everything and Restore Factory Settings. Choose the last option. But remember that when you choose that option, everything will be wiped clean and the Windows version that came with your laptop will be reinstalled.
- After that, a notification that your PC has more than one drive will appear. You will be given two options. You will have to make a choice whether you want to remove the files from the drive where Windows is installed or to remove files from all drives. To start from a clean slate, you must choose the second option.
- After that, you will be given another two options whether you want to clean the drives too. You can choose between Just remove my files and Remove files and clean the drive. The first option is quicker, but it is less secure because it won’t be hard to recover your removed files if you don’t clean the drive. If you plan to keep the laptop, you can choose this option. But if you want to sell or give your laptop to someone else, it is best to choose the second option.
- After that, a screen that shows the list of things that’s going to happen to your PC after the factory reset will appear. You must be aware that all your personal files, user accounts, as well as applications and program that didn’t come originally with your PC will be removed. All the settings will be restored back to its original state and your current Windows version will be replaced by the Windows that came with your PC.
Those are the steps to reset windows 10 laptop. If you are sure with your choices, you can click Restore and wait until the process is completed.