You might need to know how to factory reset Toshiba laptop when Toshiba laptops typically don’t come with system recovery CDs. Rather of that, Toshiba has included a hidden system partition located in its hard drive which contains the drivers and Operating System required for a system reset. You might burn or create a recovery CD from the contents provided in that hidden partition too if you prefer to use CD or to keep it in a form of CD for future use.
In order to reset a Toshiba’s system to its original factory settings by using the hidden partition, you can simply press the “0” (Zero) key when you power on your laptop. On the other hand, if you’re going to use recovery disc to reset the system, you can do so by inserting it to DVD ROM drive to access its settings from the BIOS. Nevertheless, for whatever purpose you want to restore your Toshiba laptop, you can follow some of the tips mentioned in this article.
How to Factory Reset Toshiba Laptop: Creating Recovery Media and Disc
You might encounter some differences in the recovery process depending on your PC’s model. In order to create a recovery media, you can do so by starting the Toshiba Recovery Disc Creator. You might access it from the Start menu by going to All Programs and pick the option Toshiba to open the Disc Creator. After it is open, will see the number of DVDs required for the process as well as the format they have. The next thing you can do is to create recovery discs after your laptop is equipped with the disks that are required and after you have selected whether you want to check the drive. You can switch to the burning option after that and follow these steps:
- Press the Create button located at the bottom right.
- A message will appear on the screen afterward, asking you to insert a disc as well as the format it supports. Therefore, proceed to insert DVD and click OK.
- Once the burning process starts, you can see a loading bar that indicates the operation’s progress.
- Once engraved, the Recovery Disc Creator will check the DVD. That is if you have checked the Verify box. If you were asked to add several disks, you need to insert them gradually as the process goes on.
- The message of engraving and verification will appear as an indicator that the operation has been successful.
How to Factory Reset Toshiba Laptop Using Partition
The newer model typically comes with hidden partitions instead of recovery CDs. If this is the case, then you can use this partition to restore your laptop into its original factory settings. But before it happens, make sure to back up all of the important data as this process will ultimately erase all of them from your hard drive.
- On the other hand, ensure that your computer is connected to a power outlet and do not ever turn it off or restart it during the recovery process.
- Switch off your machine by holding the power button for about ten seconds.
- Afterward, press and hold the “0” (Zero) key while pressing the power button at the same time.
- When you can hear beeping noises from the machine, release the “0” (Zero) key, as a warning message will appear. Click Yes to proceed.
- Choose the option of Recovery of Factory Default Software (might come in a different name depending on the models), and then proceed to click Next.
Just follow the instructions and the recovery process will start automatically. Hope this answers your question on how to factory reset Toshiba laptop.